Hit the Bricks is both a participatory event and a team relay competition.
All students, faculty, staff and alums are encouraged to join the greater Wake community as we walk, skip, or run around Hearn Plaza to show our solidarity and to demonstrate our shared commitment towards finding a cure for cancer, this devastating disease which touches all of our lives and society.
The multiple Relay Teams(7-15 members) are formed around six separate divisions: Freshmen, Open, Fraternity, Sorority, Graduate Schools, and Faculty/Staff.
Each team will have a Team Captain who will be responsible for registering their team of walkers/runners, attend the Captains’ Meeting (Tuesday, 10/4, 5pm), and provide their team members with instructions for the event.Free Agents: Individuals may participate as a free agent on the Wake Nation Team. To sign up for the Wake Nation Team please contact, Brett DerGarabedian, email@example.com.
Teams will compete by their Division in two categories:
• Most Laps Completed
• Most Money Raised for Cancer Research
The members of the Top Teams in each of the six Divisions for the Laps Completed Category will be awarded HTB 2016 Bricks. The members of the Top Team in each of the six Divisions for Most Money Raised will be awarded $10 Gift Cards to University Stores.
Bonus Laps will be awarded to Teams for:
• Participation by one member in the Time Trials on Wednesday(10/5), 5-6:30pm(10 Bonus Laps)
• Participation in the Wacky Lap, the No Feet Lap and the Krispy Kreme Lap(5 Bonus Laps per special lap)
• Fundraising a minimum of $250 prior to the start of the event (20 Bonus Laps)
• Participation in Tuesday Trivia at Shorty’s, 10/4, 7pm. (10 Bonus Laps)
• The team that raises the most money the day of the event will have the track team run for them for a half hour at 3:30.